1. As of last weekend the 2012 harvest season officially came to an end for us. And by that I mean we’re done with all our crops. Everything. The hay, the soy beans and now the corn, in that order. We’re pretty happy about it and if we had more energy we’d have a party and sit around and talk about what we liked best about it. I’m just kidding…but not about the energy part.
2. Over the course of the corn harvest I developed a corndog craving that hasn’t been rectified. The want for one popped into my head and wouldn’t leave me alone; still won’t leave me alone. I can’t stop thinking of state fair corn dogs, because to me, they’re the best. I fear I will have to wait until next summer to fix this major problem in my life.
3. When I tell my 16 year old to meet me at the field after school for a night of combining he stops at the quick-stop and picks up sustenance. I brought the “Scrabble” Cheez-It’s from home. I always try and keep junk food educational, I am the mom after all.
4. We got our Christmas tree last weekend. It’s up but not decorated. I am going to rectify that today. I know, what’s the rush right?
5. The ice arena is up, but the liner isn’t down, therefore the water hasn’t been added. The ground is simply too warm. Okay, so part of the ice arena is up.
6. We’ve gotten the first few snow falls here but it hasn’t even totaled two inches yet and whatever we get just melts. Which is good in some ways because…see #5.
7. I rode in 59 degree weather the day after Thanksgiving. I thought then it would be the last warm ride for 2012, but I just heard this coming Monday is going to be in the 50’s again.
And now a brief letter:
Dearest Mr. Frost,
I have a Michigan weather request. Please make with the cold. We know you’re going to make it happen sooner or later and time’s a wastin’ Jack! Lets get with it already.
Your biggest fan and truest admirer,